Author Topic: Accepted A little Improvement  (Read 1116 times)

Siezer

• View Profile
  • In-game nick: [VU]Siezer
  • Clan: VICE UNDERDOGS
A little Improvement
« on: July 04, 2017, 06:44:25 am »
Just spent some time in the server and it was sheer fun and felicity. First of all I want to remark the efforts of staff team for putting up such excellent game modes. It is fun and interesting as well. But I would like to share some things which require our attention.

Voting System
First of all the voting system which shows in the screen in quite fine and provides with the bases' options. But when the players vote, it also shows which player has casted its vote in favour of which base. I think It's a bit vexing and spams the screen and don't cast a decent look ( I think). A player can get a PM on voting as "--> you've voted for this base". I think it will be far more better and player can vote their favourite bases. And so we won't have to force nobody to vote in favour of particular base.

And as far as the fact of selecting the boss is concerned, do show the names on the screen for the players to select them but when someone cast the votes, again, it spams the screen and obscures it. And you can freely select the boss without any fear that he/she can see in whom favor you've casted your vote.

Running Limit
And the second thing is that there is a limit within which a boss can move or run away from the base. If I recall correctly it is 100m i guess. If boss moves out of this limit, server teleports him back to the starting point. I think it is not fair and can be used for evasive purposes. Suppose some players are chasing us and we deliberately cross the limit so as to teleport back to base. I'll prefer walls instead or fences and they ought to be invisible. And if they exist for boss only it will be far more better. I will say, I didn't like teleportation stuff.

Parcels and /Wep Command
I noticed there are parcels in the server. And  need more parcels and it will be compensated by you soon I guess since it is only the start.
And a player can have a parcel but he can't have primary weps. Primary weps are preferred a lot such as Ingram, mp5 etc. I myself prefer these and it is a bit tough to go without them. So add a wep command which gives primary weapons only.

Reward/Bonus for the Killer
 When a player kills the boss with great difficulty, enters the base and very hardly kills the boss but in return he gets nothing, it is very unfair. The player who kills the boss should be given some benefit like 50%  armour or some custom weapon. If you have something to suggest then it will do good. Benefitting the player (killer) would be interesting, fun and will do good.

Sucide Bomber
 As you all know there is a vest system. It works like suicide bomb. But, I didn't like the thing that a player can even explode that vest even when he is knocked down. Yesterday, I  knocked down a player pwn_kp if i recall but still he could use the vest. So it's unfair. I will say vest should not explode when a player is knocked down. So, as to have real fun of vest.

Custom skin for Boss
After choosing the boss, add a custom skin for more fun. Select any skin you want to but if you crown the boss it will be very good and will be sheer fun.

Voting Visibilty
When voting is done for boss it should only be shown to the team which will defend. The defending team have the permission to defend. Maybe it is the same in server but I'm not sure. But if the both teams select the boss it will be slightly wrong because the attackers will only choose the boss who they can easily handle it, the new one or nub. So, to avoid this situation defenders should only choose the boss.

So far, I've figured out these things. Would like to share further more if i see any ammendment needed. Overall, good work, fellas.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:22:21 pm by Jokah »

Joker

• Manager
  • Regular Player
  • When nothing goes right.. Go left.
    • View Profile
  • In-game nick: [VU]Joker
  • Clan: VU
Re: A little Improvement
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:01:13 am »
Your suggestions seem wise, but there is discussion needed on the few stuff you mentioned above, we'll get back to you soon.

Vice Underdogs Full Member | Kill the Boss Manager

Decent_946

• View Profile
  • In-game nick: [UF]Decent_946
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:58:29 am »
Good Suggestions. You have gotten nice ideas. ;)

I had some of same suggestions. But i would like to add something.

1stly,
Voting System
First of all the voting system which shows in the screen in quite fine and provides with the bases' options. But when the players vote, it also shows which player has casted its vote in favour of which base. I think It's a bit vexing and spams the screen and don't cast a decent look ( I think). A player can get a PM on voting as "--> you've voted for this base". I think it will be far more better and player can vote their favourite bases. And so we won't have to force nobody to vote in favour of particular base.
This is what i was going to suggest also. But my suggestion deferes a little bit. That is, Whenever we vote a base server makes the player as well as votes visible in the main chat. Voter should recieve a PM that's right. And Votes coun't should be shown in GUI Labels base options.
Like, there are 4 bases listed, suppose.
1. little havana
2. starfish Island
3. Vice Port
4. Downtown,

So when player selects any, A message appears in the main chat saying " player has voted for the base. Current Votes: whaterver. " But i would like to see it as when a players votes to the base those votes should be shown in the GUI Labels. Like this,
1. little havana Votes:
2. starfish Island Votes:
3. Vice Port Votes:
4. Downtown, Votes:

or to keep it more simple, we could simply add votes counts instead of the text ' votes'. like this

1. little havana  ( 3 )
2. starfish Island  ( 0 )
3. Vice Port Votes: ( 4 )
4. Downtown, Votes ( 1 )

In this way, same goes for the boss votings. Votes should be visible near the name voted.

2nd,
Running Limit
And the second thing is that there is a limit within which a boss can move or run away from the base. If I recall correctly it is 100m i guess. If boss moves out of this limit, server teleports him back to the starting point. I think it is not fair and can be used for evasive purposes. Suppose some players are chasing us and we deliberately cross the limit so as to teleport back to base. I'll prefer walls instead or fences and they ought to be invisible. And if they exist for boss only it will be far more better. I will say, I didn't like teleportation stuff.
yes, that teleportation could be abused.  If possible, add boundaries for the boss only. In this way, boss won't be teleported to the base back and neither he will be able to cross the boundaries.

3rd, Which i have already suggested earlier.
Voting Visibilty
When voting is done for boss it should only be shown to the team which will defend. The defending team have the permission to defend. Maybe it is the same in server but I'm not sure. But if the both teams select the boss it will be slightly wrong because the attackers will only choose the boss who they can easily handle it, the new one or nub. So, to avoid this situation defenders should only choose the boss.
Currently, Only Defenders have the right to vote for the boss. Then why making the voting for the boss visible for attackers ? It should be made as only defenders should be able to see boss voting and vote for the boss they choose. Later on, as round starts Boss is announce in the main chat as well as the boss name is visible in GUI Windows screen. By this, attackers can come to know who the boss is.

-Thanks.

Casper

• Regular Player
  • Dark Fighters
    • View Profile
  • In-game nick: [DF]Casper
  • Clan: DF
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 02:40:35 pm »
+1

Toretto^

• Web Master
    • View Profile
  • In-game nick: =MDd=Toretto
  • Clan: MD - Mad Demons
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 08:45:53 pm »
+1

luchgox

• View Profile
  • In-game nick: UFt.luchgox
  • Clan: Unique Force
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 01:22:02 am »
About /wep cmd (primary weps) I already suggested,BTW You suggested nice ideas.

Xmair

• Scripter
  • Regular Player
    • View Profile
  • In-game nick: [VU_T]Xmair
  • Clan: Vice Underdogs
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 09:15:29 am »
About /wep cmd (primary weps) I already suggested,BTW You suggested nice ideas.
Do you even play the server?

Joker

• Manager
  • Regular Player
  • When nothing goes right.. Go left.
    • View Profile
  • In-game nick: [VU]Joker
  • Clan: VU
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 02:17:57 pm »
Voting System

Implemented.

Running Limit

"Accepted. If you run 100m away from the base, you're teleported back 1-2 axis." - Xmair

Parcels and /Wep Command
I noticed there are parcels in the server. And  need more parcels and it will be compensated by you soon I guess since it is only the start.
And a player can have a parcel but he can't have primary weps. Primary weps are preferred a lot such as Ingram, mp5 etc. I myself prefer these and it is a bit tough to go without them. So add a wep command which gives primary weapons only.
/wep for primary weps has been implemented.

Reward/Bonus for the Killer
 When a player kills the boss with great difficulty, enters the base and very hardly kills the boss but in return he gets nothing, it is very unfair. The player who kills the boss should be given some benefit like 50%  armour or some custom weapon. If you have something to suggest then it will do good. Benefitting the player (killer) would be interesting, fun and will do good.
I think there is no point of it, because the round will already end.
Sucide Bomber
 As you all know there is a vest system. It works like suicide bomb. But, I didn't like the thing that a player can even explode that vest even when he is knocked down. Yesterday, I  knocked down a player pwn_kp if i recall but still he could use the vest. So it's unfair. I will say vest should not explode when a player is knocked down. So, as to have real fun of vest.

We actually disabled it, but it is probably a bug, the one does this type of action shall be reported, because such act is counted as death evade, when caught player will be given a warning, if he is already familiar with such type of rule, he will be banned instantly.
Custom skin for Boss
After choosing the boss, add a custom skin for more fun. Select any skin you want to but if you crown the boss it will be very good and will be sheer fun.

We'll add custom boss skin in the next update.
Voting Visibilty

I do not think that there is a problem with it, attackers should know what they are waiting for, player votes are no more visible, only the poll will be shown to the attackers, this will give the attackers a reason to wait, and that is because the boss is still being selected.

Most of the suggestions you suggested have been accepted, therefore is topic will be maked Accepted. Thank you for suggesting.  :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:22:11 pm by Jokah »

Vice Underdogs Full Member | Kill the Boss Manager