Author Topic: IMPORTANT KTB History  (Read 1241 times)

Joker

• Manager
  • Regular Player
  • When nothing goes right.. Go left.
    • View Profile
  • In-game nick: [VU]Joker
  • Clan: VU
KTB History
« on: June 22, 2017, 06:11:27 pm »

[0.4] Kill the Boss - History

It all started when I was thinking to develop a server, which would actually have good playercount, I wanted to do something for the community, something that was very different from the other servers. When playing in random DM/TDM servers, I noticed players asking for this event, Kill the Boss, they would beg for it, then that gave me the idea of making a server with this type of gamemode, as I was the first one to start this project. The "Kill the Boss" was as an event which was made up by Abdi/Abdulla001 back in a server which he used to administrate on, all credits go to him for his remarkable idea. I expected good player count from this server, as there were many players who loved this type of event, so I decided to gathers players and start working.

The project started one year ago, with kiki, and Mashreq. Meanwhile we did all the votings, discussion on the private channel, and came up with the best staff team, most of them left, as one year has passed, and the project was delayed way too many times. I brought Pumak47 in, he designed the forum very well, and he also scripted a few codes, but at the end of the day, the host had died, and all the progress which contained in the forum went in trash. Mashreq then managed to make all the bases, he scripted them all very well, he gave the script to me, he couldn't continue, as he had other projects to work on. I decided to close the project, as no one was interested.

Then months later, I found just the right guy, a well mannered, mature, skillful, dedicated scripter, Xmair, he was the right guy for this job, so I poked him on IRC, and scripting started. Xmair put alot of effort in the script, it took months to complete it, I would poke him every morning telling him what to add, what to fix, and etc. Then I went inactive for a while, and then months later, I asked him what the progress was, he informed me that the server was almost done, but the issue was that we didn't have host. Thanks to kiki, he showed up and provided us VPS, the server was being scripted fast, thanks to the staff team, they were always available to help us test the server. Also a big shoutout to Woodland/ELK for providing us host. Later on, MaDKiLLeR and Tarkan joined in as managers, they stabilized the system of the server, they collaborated and worked hard, hats off. It actually took us 1 YEAR to complete the server. Hoping a good response from the community after such hard work!  :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:13:00 pm by Jokah »

Vice Underdogs Full Member | Kill the Boss Manager